Sunday, September 05, 2004

On Beslan

A few weeks ago I commented about how September 11th was originally planned for September 18th, so that the allegations of thousands of Jews being absent would be true, because of Rosh Hashanah. I said that it "made me feel as sick as [I did] the day of [September 11th]."

Perhaps the memory of my emotions had faded in intensity, but that statement was false, as I realized when I heard the outcome of Beslan, when it all came flooding back, and then some.

They targeted kids. I know about what the Russian government has done under Putin and Yeltsin before him. But the one thing that stayed with me was that they targeted kids. This wasn't stray fire. They planned and executed the kidnapping and, now, murder of hundreds of children.

And amazingly enough, people are still making excuses for them.

|